can this be adjusted to work with sharepoint 2007?

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Hi,

I've stumbled upon your codeplex/blog while looking for a pintrest style image library modification for sharepoint. I'd love to try this out but we only have SP2007 and won't be moving to 2010 any time soon... so, i'm wondering, is it possible to do what you've done here with the older version or are you using any sp2010 specific features that would prevent it from being backwards compatible?

Any help appreciated, this is exactly what I'm looking for....

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Edited Jul 27, 2012 at 1:50 PM

For SharePoint 2007, it is possible to get data from SharePoint service via SPServices.codeplex.com, then you can go for an AJAX/databinding approach to this.  Alternatively, you can use a Content Query webpart with a custom XSLT to build the DOM objects for the picture library.

The layout engine I used here is called Wookmark and available here: www.wookmark.com, there are other libraries that are around that may be suitable as well.

The SPASPA project itself relies heavily on both SharePoint 2010's Client Object Model as well as REST services.  There will be significant rework to get SPASPA to work in SharePoint 2007, and this isn't currently on the roadmap.